News & events
Changes at Brockhampton
Spring is often a time for change, and at Brockhampton it is no different!
Here we share some of the changes we are putting in place, to ensure Brockhampton remains Herefordshire’s finest care home:
Electronic Care Recording
An important change you may immediately notice at Brockhampton is the change to electronic care record keeping, as opposed to a paper based system widely used in the care industry. Our carers, nurses and support staff all carry a new care recording device which is specifically designed to give staff more time to spend with our residents.
This has a huge variety of benefits, including but not limited to:
- giving all staff members a wealth of information about any resident at the touch of a button;
- record keeping is quick and simple with a few taps of the screen;
- our nurses are able to review and interpret the recorded data to ensure our residents stay as well as they can be; and
- it enables staff to have more time with our residents.We have also invested in the UK’s leading bespoke policies, proceedures and management software as part of our ongoing efforts to ensure compliance with our regulated duties.
As part of our continued drive to improve working conditions for our staff and operate efficiently, we have invested in a revolutionary new software package which offers to improve our staff scheduling, communication, time tracking and HR management. We look forward to seeing the results of this roll out, and hopefully hearing the value for our staff.
Significant improvement work across the estate
As always we are looking to continually improve at Brockhampton, and with that in mind we are undertaking significant works across the estate.
- Replacing carpets in every corridor in the original part of the building as well as on the Gallery. This is a significant undertaking and will start in the middle of June, here is the contrast!
- Amalgamating rooms 8 and 9 which were formerly two smaller rooms. The resulting room will be lovely. Here is a picture of the view from one of the windows, we will post pictures of the finished result when the construction has ended!
- Making the gallery balcony usable by way of having a balcony rail installed and placing new garden furniture for our residents and family members to enjoy the wonderful setting;
- Bringing our Yew hedges to heel! The wonderful ornamental Yew hedges have had a significant hair cut, with the view to follow with another cut in 12 months time. The objective is to get our lovely rose garden back into shape!